Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Agreement: The Owners and Guests agree as follows: Guest is over the age of 21 and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends, or responsible children. No door key codes or key will be issued to anyone other than the tenant listed on rental agreement. The maximum number of guests per 2bd/2ba condominium is limited to six (6) persons. The maximum number of guests per 1bd/1ba condominium is limited to four (4) persons. This property requires a (3) night minimum stay and longer stays may be required during holiday periods. Rates are subject to change without notice.
2. Pets: No pets allowed. A fee will be assessed if tenants have pets in unit.
3. Smoking: No smoking allowed in the units. A $400 fee will be assessed if tenants smoke in unit.
4. Deposits/Payments: An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is due at the time of reservation. The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent. The BALANCE OF RENT is due thirty (30) days before your arrival date. If initial reservation is less than (30) days, full amount is due upon reservation. Payment can be made by credit card, personal check in U.S. funds, bank money order or cashier’s check payable to Coconut Condos. A $35 fee applies to all returned checks.
5. Damage Waiver Fee: A $49.00 nonrefundable Damage Waiver Fee is required for all reservations. Coconut Condos, LLC requires a valid Visa, Amex, Mastercard or Discover number on file in addition to the $49.00 Damage Waiver Fee. The Damage Waiver Fee is a nonrefundable Fee that relieves Guests of the cost for unintentional and accidental damage to the Property and its contents, not to exceed the amount of coverage (up to $750.00 of unintentional damage). In the event of damage, guest must take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the property and prevent further damage to it; report the damage in writing prior to checkout to Coconut Condos staff. The Damage Waiver Fee does not cover intentional damage, theft, unauthorized entry into the owner`s supply closet, unauthorized pets, unreported damage, extensive cleaning required at checkout, smoking, exceeding occupancy limits or parking limits, and any other charges/polices in Coconut Condos, LLC’s Rental Policies and Rental Agreement including any fines imposed on Coconut Condos, LLC or Property Owner by the City, County, State or Home Owner Association as the result of violation of any law, ordinance, rule or regulation or any fines or costs levied against Guest or visitors of Guest (Excess Damage Costs). Guest will be notified of any Excess Damage Costs in writing. Any Excess Damage Costs will also be charged immediately to the Guest`s credit card. Guest assumes full responsibility for any items found to be missing and any damage due to misuse, negligence or action on Guest`s or Guest`s visitors’ part, except in the case of normal wear-and-tear reported to Coconut Condos, LLC within 48 hours of Check-in. If any Maka Sea items are missing upon your checkout, we will assume that you have taken them with you as a memory of your stay and a charge will be applied to your credit card on file. Maka Sea Bed Runner: $125, Maka Sea Pillow (Text): $72, Maka Sea Pillow Sham: $69.
I hereby authorize my credit card to be charged for unintentional damage beyond $750 and for any intentional damage, theft, occupancy after departure date or departure time, unauthorized pets, excessive cleaning required at checkout, smoking, exceeding occupancy or parking limits, and any other mentioned charges/policies in the Rental Agreement including any fines imposed on Manager by City, County or State as the result of violation of any law, rules or regulations or any fines or costs levied by any Home Owner/Condominium Association for violations of any Covenants or Restrictions by Guest or visitors of Guest ("Excess Damage Costs"). I/we have read and agree to the Damage Waiver Fee section of this Agreement.
If the credit card listed in the above “Damage Fee Waiver Clause” does not provide sufficient funds for “Excess Damage Costs,” as defined in the above “Damage Fee Waiver Clause,” I do hereby personally guarantee payment for such damage. And furthermore, I as the guarantor do hereby authorize and empower any attorney of any court of record of the state of Hawaii or elsewhere to appear for and to enter judgment against us, or any of us, in favor of Coconut Condos, LLC for any sums due under the above “Damage Fee Waiver Clause” plus interest with costs of suit, release of errors, without stay of execution, and with thirty-three and one-third percent (33 1/3%) as a reasonable attorney`s fee, and the Guarantors hereby waive and release all benefit and relief from any and all appraisement, stay or exemption laws of any state now in force or hereafter to be passed.
If the reservation was made through the Airbnb website, a security deposit is held by Airbnb. Airbnb will only charge the amount held if an issue is reported by the host. The above provisions still apply and must be met.
6. Storage of Food Items: Guests to maintain a clean environment in the unit by not leaving food items out with containers open. Most food items should be kept in the refrigerator to prevent attraction to pests. Food spills, crumbs, etc. should be cleaned promptly.
7. Check-In/Check-Out: Check in is at 3:00 pm HST. Check out time is 10:00 am HST. If you check out later than 10:00 am, you will be charged twice the nightly rate for each additional night. Early check-in and late checkout requests are available for an additional fee based upon availability. These requests must be made 24 hours in advance. Please contact reservations for details. Any issues with the unit need to be brought to management`s attention right away during your stay so that we can make it right. Resolutions cannot be offered if issues are not brought to our attention during the stay. Coconut Condos staff will only be able to address any issues with registered guests of the unit.
8. Lost and Found Items: In addition to shipping and handling charges to return items left behind, we charge a $25 fee to look for and retrieve lost items.
9. Mail: Letters: If you need to have a letter mailed to you while staying at one of our condos, please make arrangements with us to have it mailed to the company’s office. We are able to offer one complimentary pickup and drop-off for letters only. We will deliver the letter directly to your condo. Packages: If you need to have a package mailed to you while staying at one of our condos, please make arrangements with us to have your package mailed to the company’s office. Please be advised that only one package per reservation will be accepted. It is the guest’s responsibility to track and pick up the package. Coconut Condos is not responsible for informing guests when package arrives nor do we guarantee the contents of your package. We are open Monday – Friday between 8am – 4pm for pickup. Our mailing address is: 94 Kupuohi St. A5, Lahaina, HI 96761.
10. Parking: Parking onsite at properties requires an additional daily fee. Please refer to property listings for parking rates.
11. Cancellations: A thirty (30) day written notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will be given a full refund, minus the $25 booking fee + tax. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. Coconut Condos’ cancellation policy does not provide refunds for unforeseen developments such as illnesses, mandatory hurricane evacuations and similar events that can affect your trip. We strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance. Airbnb reservations defer to the Airbnb cancellation policy.
12. Monthly Reservation Cancellations: Monthly renters must cancel (60) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least sixty (60) days prior to check-in.
13. No Daily Maid Service: Bed linens and towels are provided. There is no daily housekeeping. For reservations 14 days or greater a mid-stay clean is required ($95 + tax for 1bd/1ba, $115 + tax for 2bd/1ba, 2bd/2ba, and Lahaina Shores, and $156.25 + tax for Puamana units). A starter supply of bath soap, toilet tissue, and garbage liners will be provided; however, guest will need to purchase further supplies as they will not be replenished during your stay. This is a privately managed unit and staff at the front desk will not assist you with towels, linens, or any supplies.
14. Guests Liability: Guests agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property by guest or guest`s guests, including but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the damage waiver, guest agrees to reimburse owners for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
15. Illegal and/or Disruptive Activity: Coconut Condos, LLC reserves the right to remove any individual from the premises for any illegal or disruptive behavior on the premises. Coconut Condos, LLC reserves sole discretion in determining if a guest should be removed from the premises for illegal and/or disruptive behavior. No arrest or conviction is necessary for Coconut Condos, LLC to remove an individual from the property. If an individual is removed from the property for such activity, no refund will be issued for moneys paid to Coconut Condos, LLC.
Guest understands that there is no guaranty that properties adjacent to the unit and/or resort will be free from disturbances, including but not limited to noise or inconvenience from construction, traffic or other guests or neighbors, and any such disturbance shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest the any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
16. Hold Harmless: All units are privately owned. Owners do not assume any liability for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity, or plumbing. Manager will use its best efforts to ensure that all equipment within the unit is in good working order, although neither Manager nor Owner guarantees that any equipment will not break down during your stay. In the event of a breakdown, Manager will use commercially reasonable efforts to remedy the situation as soon as possible after notification of the breakdown. Additionally, such a breakdown does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustments for any such mechanical failure. Nor will owners accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond its control.
17. Internet: Guest understands that no refunds will be given for Internet connectivity issues or lack of service.
18. Walkways and Common Areas: The guest is fully aware that the walkways can be dangerous, that they can be slippery when wet, and that injury is likely to occur to anyone not using caution. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the property. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of walkways and common areas. The pool areas are unsupervised and NO LIFEGUARD is on duty. Tenants assume full responsibility while using the pools and common areas at and will exercise caution at all times. All children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
19. Additional Terms and Conditions: The guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges actual Owners from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold actual Owners free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their Principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
20. Travel Insurance: Coconut Condos has partnered with CSA Travel Protection to provide optional coverage for our guests. CSA provides trip cancellation and interruption services, as well as emergency assistance and travel services, covering financial losses. If you choose not to purchase insurance at the time of the initial reservation, you may call or email us to add trip insurance up to 30 days prior to your departure. Please contact Coconut Condos for more information.
21. Natural Disaster Policy: We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance. No refunds will be given for storms or hurricanes. In the case of a Hurricane Warning issued for Maui within 48 hours of arrival, a onetime date change, without penalty, may be available and is not subject to further change or cancellations. Date changes must be made within one (1) calendar year of original dates of stay. Manager shall not be liable for events that may interfere with your scheduled occupancy including but not limited to natural disasters, acts of government agencies, fire, strikes, terrorism and war.